3 days | DKK 4,375
This is the most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic wilderness first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities, daytrips and short-term outdoor excursions. It is also suitable for participants on scientific expedition that do not have primary medical responsibility. A two-day introduction of general medical concepts and basic life support skills, the course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry wilderness experience.
Patient assessment drills and simulations are tailored to the group, environment, context of operations and activities performed in the field. Given the short duration of this course, emphasis is placed on hands-on activities.
- Patient assessment
- Hypo- and hyperthermia
- CPR and near drowning
- Circulatory, nervous and respiratory systems
- Fractures, simple splints for extremities, lightning injuries, wounds, burns and anaphylaxis
- Evacuation and extrication of patients in the wilderness
Other environment-specific topics, such as high-altitude, arctic, tropical, scuba and offshore medicine, can be added to the course content.
- Open courses: DKK 4.375 per person, includes lunch and refreshments
- Group courses: DKK 50.000 maximum 16 people. Please contact us to register.